Monday, November 30, 2009

i can keep rhythm with no metronome

"Miss Stewart, Evan called me 'fatty'!"
"No, she called me 'fatty'!"
"Yeah, I heard her."
"Okay, you guys, it isn't nice to call each other names."

Blessed are the peacemakers, right? Teachers have a lot to collect on.

I later tried to have small talk with two sisters, a six and eight-year-old who sit across from me.

"So did you have a good Thanksgiving?"
They both nodded, their big eyes serious, their dark bangs sitting perfectly adorable on their foreheads.
"We went to the spa," the eight-year-old, JiWon, explained.
"Well that's exciting."
"And my friend Ashley made a poop in the spa."
I made a face. This encouraged her and she went into details which I didn't pursue. I'm pretty sure this Ashley girl used the hot tub as her own personal toilet.

2 comments:

LlamaH said...

haha "Ashely made a poop"

Unknown said...

sounds like the kind of stuff my kids talk about. lol. :P