Tuesday, September 22, 2009

And they were all yellow

I've realized, somewhat belatedly, that titling my blog url "the unemployed college grad" could turn into a horrid self-fulfilling prophecy and I might never ever get a job.

On the other hand, if I do get a job, then this blog will be a lie and I will have to discontinue it or write a disclaimer at the bottom of every post. Life gets surprisingly complicated for the unemployed...

If you've read my other blog, you'll know that I'm really big on lists. Today I made a list of things you don't realize are painfully overpriced until you're unemployed.

List of things you don't realize are painfully overpriced until you're unemployed
--batteries
--meat
--nuts
--starbucks
--disneyland food
--laundry
--deodorant
--cheese
--milk
--girlscout cookies
--jeans
--gas
--pastries
--pianos
--cars
--nuclear powerplants

(Feel free to suggest additions to my list)

Life Lesson for Today: Rubios Taco Tuesdays! Seriously, I have no affiliation whatsoever with Rubios, but I will forever sing the praises of their fish tacos. And on Tuesdays, their fish tacos are half off. At only 1.25 a taco, you're getting quality that surpasses all other fast food, at a price that is incredibly user-friendly to an incomeless college grad. Or anyone.

Today's Funky Word:
Ambrosial. It means "extremely pleasing to the senses; divine; delicious," according to a site I found. I love this word because it actually sounds tasty to me and I love it when words agree with their meanings. (There must be a word for that--any help?) Also, I used to read a book series about Merlin which were amazing, and there was a wonderful sounding bread named ambrosia that Merlin came across. It was one of those fictional entities that you come across and are devastated when you realize it only exists on paper/in your head. (like Jude Law) (That was for my sister Hannah.)


Today's Quote: "Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent."
–Victor Hugo (author of Les Miserables)

I thought that was a beautiful quote. I've been feeling musically starved lately (as far as creating/ listening to live music goes) and I will gladly accept any piano donations. (This photo is musical to me)

Shout out to Courtonio – "I hope you dance" comes on the radio here all the time and I think of your mom. I know that's kind of like a shout out to your mom, but your mom makes me think of you:)

Shout out to Marthalemieu – I miss you and your foreign candies.


5 comments:

LlamaH said...

Awesome! I loved this post. Great word and great quote!! I Love the picture too. The Jude Law thing was very amusing as well.

I like how you spelled Marthalemue :D

LlamaH said...

Oh yes, I have a request. Could you please write something about how there are 14-15-16-year-old girls who are making millions off of music, of which they don't even write. Girls that Disney shoot out every two minutes. Meanwhile there are thousands of adults without jobs.... etc.

Jenn said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, Fish Tacos. YUM!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) <3

~Jenn (Ex Hot Girl)

Oodalalee said...

wooo a shout out to my mom, which leads to me! :D happy day.
& did you know marthelemons candy contains palm oil? hmm? ;)

Oodalalee said...

oh yes, and oodalalee=courtney. sorry for the confusion