Friday, January 22, 2010

she had that look upon her face


So the kiddies have been coming up with more amusing definitions for their vocab words. I don't know why they don't just look the words up – clearly their definition inventing hasn't worked so far.

A recent favorite:
Manage: Having mange.

Having mange? Really?
And then there was:

Hipster:
A cool hippy
Sentence example: The hipsters tried to stop global warming.

I don't know why, but that one really got to me. That's who's been fighting the global war battle – the cool hippies. Yeah, I buy that.

And then, there were the great conversations. I taught two of the girls, Hannah and Jessica, an Arabic word. Jessica looked at me.
"Are you Arabic?"
"Do I look Arabic?" I asked (quite reasonably I think.)
"Are you Arabic?"
"Do I
look Arabic?"
"But are you Arabic?"
"Do I look Arabic?"

It seriously went back and forth like that at least five times. Finally I gave up and told her I wasn't. Or maybe I lied, I don't really remember.

Life Lesson: Macaroni and Cheese never NEVER tastes as good reheated. Just gulp down the whole box, because later it's going to be strangely chewy and the flavors will start assaulting each other.


7 comments:

Emma said...

You can still manage to make mac and cheese: the sequel edible if you add salt to it and melt extra cheese on top. just fyi.

Sho said...

really? okay i'll try that...i don't know though i just don't think it'll slide down the same

LlamaH said...

Haha, ewww, actually homemade mac and cheese is super duper good reheated!

hahaha, are you Arabic?

Sho said...

Do I LOOK Arabic?

Unknown said...

love when you post stuff that those kids write/say. LOL! ooh and i can see what you mean about reaching international audiences--haha :P

Unknown said...

ok the first part of that comment was supposed to be on your next blog. ugh my internet is screwing with meeeee!!! :(

Unknown said...

i know...kids are so cute!

your kids must say funny things too though. you should share:)