Thursday, October 28, 2010

it's a cancer fatal to my soul

I got rejected as a volunteer today. This is a fun form of rejection, as they are essentially telling you that they don't want you even though you're free.

Or, as Emma Cole put it:

"You're like a box of kittens on the side of the road that nobody wants. You come with your cage and food and shots, but nobody wants you anyway."

Thanks Emma Cole.

**

In the English lessons I teach, I've started having the kids listen to songs and fill in the blanks of a lyric printout.

Next week I'm doing "Yellow Submarine." I took out all the "yellow"s. I'm really excited.

2 comments:

chantel said...

burn! :(

Anonymous said...

Aww. Ya I remember thinking "If Peace Corps doesn't want me, than who will?"

Well. try, try again.

And keep blogging.

Also, i really enjoyed the "What is Love" interview Idea.
Personally I think it is listening to the White Album on a warm spring day while doing the dishes and snacking on a cream cheese bagel and waiting for the brownie to kick in.