Friday, October 29, 2010

me and my friends made comic book




Things I Like

- When you start out not liking something and grow to love it. Examples: all of my friendships (kidding!), onions, mayonnaise, chocolate, transferring unis, tiny dogs, saunas.

- Yellow leaves

- One word hilarity triggers. Every time I say "Buster," one of the kids I tutor starts cracking up uncontrollably. We just sit there laughing because we think the name is funny.

- Finding things in coat pockets. Money, phone, unused Kleenex

- Being on the right side of an insane exchange rate (yes, I get paid in Krona)

**

Sometimes I write stories in my head as I'm walking. The other day, a couple of characters were having a dialogue in my mind and one of them said something funny. I laughed out loud. I then realized I was laughing at the voices in my head. Problem?

**

Swedes are all about saunas. Alright, maybe that isn't entirely accurate. But compared to Americans, Swedes have a lot of saunas. Many of the buildings (at least in Ostermalm) have them, and private homes have them too. Americans seem to prefer jacuzzis.

"To get rid of the chill you have to take off all of clothing and jump into a wooden box heated to over 100 degrees. It sounds a little drastic but once you’ve tried it, you know the meaning of the phrase ‘toasty warm’." (repairhome.)

There is nothing that thoroughly heats your entire body like a sauna does. It's really fun to watch the beads of sweat rise on your skin and tickle as they trickle. And the phrase "beads of sweat" is also really fun. It's so perfect.

3 comments:

LlamaH said...

Yes, I've become a big sauna fan especially after my first winter in Michigan.

You should add "songs" to that first list. i.e. Baby by bieber

hahaha, the fact that you laughed out loud is hilarious! you should really write that story down.

Sho said...

You brought Michigan upon yourself. I told you California. Told, told, told you. And if you end up with that boy from Ohio...well. I predict coldness for the rest of your life:P

Baby by Bieber? hahahah

Sho said...
This comment has been removed by the author.