Monday, April 26, 2010

better luck next time

This morning I thought I'd learn a little Swedish to ease my transition. I searched "Swedish lessons" on Youtube, and the first promising video was entitled "Mastering Swedish Part 1." This started confusingly but hopeful – a voice saying to repeat a sentence in Swedish. Then another, strange voice replied to the recording, desperately saying "No, no." Of course the video turned out to be a man making fun of learning Swedish. Leading me to today's life lesson:

Life Lesson: When searching for a video on Youtube, always read some of the comments at the top to get a feel for whether it is serious or not. Had I read all the comments talking about how funny it is, I probably would have moved right along. (After watching it of course.)

Today is a joyous day. Mark it down, for I am giving you not one, but two life lessons. Here's the second:

Life Lesson #2:
Old Navy closes at 9.0o pm. Every day. Or the one in Brea does anyway. I'm on a clothing hunt for Will (who is the only person who would ever ask me such a thing), and was thwarted in my attempts to shop for him last night. So I ranted about American stores shutting too early – side note, most Americans don't like it when you rant about their culture; that's their territory – and how everything was open much later in the Middle East. I neglected to mention that in the most of the countries I grew up in
everything closes between 1 and 4 every day. Probably a little more aggravating on some levels.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is most inconsiderate, irritating, and irksome that you do not update your blog AT LEAST every day. Please take into consideration the loss of a very avid reader if you do not reform your writing habits.

LlamaH said...

hahaha, that's so funny because I have recently been complaining how things close too early here and yes I definitely keep it quite that we have the weird hours in the afternoon.

hahahaha "Halo end Walkom"

Sho said...

Amadeus,
if cannot even comment every week, why should i be held to blogging every day?

Maybe you should blog and then we can be blog buddies and then when i haven't updated, you can get your fix by updating yours. something to think about.

llama – nice to hear your voice.

Emma said...

It's true though, Siobhan. You have zero blogs for days, and then all of a sudden there are THREE new ones to read and I don't know what to do with myself.

By the way, the more times I go into Old Navy, the more I hate it. Just stop shopping there.

Anonymous said...

Actually I CAN comment every week. But comments are special. And you'll just get fat if you get too many of them. So keep blogging, and I will comment when necessary.

Also, I have thought about a blog. And that is all I will say.

Sho said...

Emma Catherine: Do not tell me you have a secret blog. I will stop talking to you.

Emma Cole: don't hate on ON