Friday, April 9, 2010

imma tell you one time


I am wary of suspiciously short showers. But I take them.
I strongly dislike lanes that end.
I also dislike the pressure of the "fast" lane.
And feeling trapped in the middle lane.
So basically just hate highways.

The day after receiving my license, my parents gave me the keys to the car and decided I would be the girls' new chauffeur. Flashes of the Blindside crash sequence danced in my head, especially as my 16-year-old sister blasted her hip-hop pop obsession Justin Bieber (who I honestly thought was a girl.)

I informed the girlies that they would need to let me know if there was a stop light or slowing car that I didn't appear to see. (Probably the number one thing you want to hear from a driver...) During my license permit period, I was used to the shotgun passenger giving me a running commentary – "Slow down. Watch your left. Slow down. SLOW DOWN. etc" and was a bit nervous about losing an adult eye.

The girlies reluctantly acquiesced to my request for help with driving, and when I came upon a red light, Alexandra was more than eager to offer advice. We waited a couple of seconds at the light, and then she somberly announced "I think it's broken. You can go ahead and go."

After that I decided that I would go ahead and make the decisions on my own.




No comments: