Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hear the bells ringing


They're singing "Christ is risen from the dead." Happy (late) Easter:)

Today's Article: Is a New York Times piece concerning the psychology and evolution of reading. It discusses why people love fiction and the "theory of the mind" – why we enjoy understanding others' mental states.

***
If you thought you were technologically behind...

Within the past year, I have met adults who were discovering for the first time:

- predictive texting
-digital cameras
-setting individual ringtones
-what the term "desktop" means

Skill I want:
The ability to make a cake like this:
















Video you MUST watch:

Zack Efron as Troy in High School Musical 2 singing "Bet on it."



I'm still debating which dance move is my favorite...Any opinions? I like it when he suddenly drops to the ground (0:23) and slowly comes up with new angst; but the pounding fist/release action at 0:42 is amazing too...and 2:58 is almost indescribable.

Anyways, to make the video less random, I've looked up some Zack Efron facts to supplement it.
These include:
-his dream job is being a video game tester or playing poker. Because clearly being a moviestar millionaire doesn't let him make choices like that.
-he thinks Pierce Brosnan would play him in a movie of his life. (Really? If we're going older, I would say John Travolta.)
-once, while filming a music sequence for HSM2, a desk fell on his foot and it got swollen. heh.

Quote of the Day:
"
On Career Day in high school, you don't walk around looking for the cartoon guy."
–Gary Larson

3 comments:

Emma said...

YES. Awesome blog, once again. And the Zac Efron song is one of my favorites. I was running the other day and that song came on my ipod (ok, ok, so I put it in my running mix, big frick), and I wanted to bust out those moves!!

Sho said...

hahahaha, the video of the song is the BEST. i can't help but want to meet the choreographer really really badly.

the beautiful thing is, we could all bust those moves, because they're so accessible. i suppose we can't all look like him though. sigh

LlamaH said...

That cake is AWESOME!

Woah

hahaha oh Zac, those moves are priceless