Wednesday, June 30, 2010

and she's loving him with that body I just know it

Dlink was a tease and has vacated our apartment.

And I'm reminded of my life before constant wifi. A life with dial up connections and bulky landline phones and waiting
forever for pictures to load over emails. Waiting until someone got home to talk to them. Getting into hopelessly lost situations. Eavesdropping on telephone conversations from a line in a different room. Playing in sunshine. Not quantifying friendships with numbers. Talking face to face. Actual underground bands. Handwritten letters. With stamps. And barely legible handwriting. And salutations and signatures with ink. Photos you can hold. Having to invent your own solutions instead of using Google. Encyclopedias. Physical dictionaries. Tangible games. Horses and Buggies. Leeches as medical devices. Dirty hands. Corsets and breeches and lilted accents. Grazing the void. Grazing at the void. Gazing at it. Skirting it. Saaaaaaaaand castles.

Crispy. Hypocritical. The secret love affair of the people who live above you. Scrupulous. Bacon. Culture. Provocative.

That last paragraph was Shawna spewing words at me. Feel free to psychoanalyze her and send me a report. Yes yes.

4 comments:

Emma said...

Mmmmm, crispy bacon IS provocative.

chantel said...

horses and buggies indeed!

LlamaH said...

Awww Shawna= intrigue

blog= sad

herewegoagain said...

Oh, I miss life without technology. Really. I do.

Of course, putting that here, on your blog sort of makes me a liar.