Wednesday, December 15, 2010

love lifts us up where we belong




"I'm late...I'm never late."
"You couldn't handle the truth!"
"Everything you ever told me was a lie!"
"Someone once told me..."

In the fabulous creative writing class I took at Biola, our professor asked us to think of some of the most common movie line cliches. My favorite has always been "Everything you ever told me was a lie!" mostly because it's so dramatic, and really fun to yell at random moments.

**

One of my students has my number and finds it extremely funny to text me 5 minutes before class every week asking me where I am. I actually find it kind of funny too.

Something to do:

Pick an animal and learn how to draw it as a cartoon. Find your favorite cartoon version of it online, print it out, and copy or trace it until you can do it on your own.

**

I'm currently reading On Writing by Steven King. I loved, loved, loved this section. Writing is engaging in telepathy. Yes.



1 comment:

Ganta said...

I took a class on steven king in college. i now love steven king.