Tuesday, December 14, 2010

you...you would be mean


In the mail I have received:

- 2 memory cards
- a battery pack
- a camera carrying bag
- a lens cover
- a Rode microphone


I have not, however, received the amazing Canon 60D camera which I ordered at the same time. These items have been sitting in my room for a week. When I was talking about this at Lifegroup, my friend KZ said it sounded like a good setup for a sermon.

My life is filled with those.

**

Today was a breakthrough. I was walking my doggies when I realized that I didn't mind the cold. In fact, I rather enjoyed the feeling of being bundled up and impenetrable to the forces around me. It was -5 C with winds at 13 km/hr. Before I moved here, I considered anything below 18C to be absurdly cold.

Before today I had vocally questioned why Swedes have stayed here. Why would they stay in a land that is dark and cold for 9 months of the year? Why not just move?

I would look out my window at the hatless pedestrians strolling around in freezing weather, and I would literally shout at them: "What are you doing? The heat is leaving the body through your head!"

But now I know. I understand. I feel like I've been let into an exclusive club.

2 comments:

LlamaH said...

Hahaha, it's an amazing feeling when you come to terms with things you cannot change

chantel said...

love it...