Thursday, March 11, 2010

and they call it bella notte













This morning I was working with a new 10-year-old, correcting his sloppy multiplication sheet. I had just corrected three other ambiguously legible sheets, and I decided to speak up.
"Good job," I said, handing it back. "But it's a little messy."
"That's because I have a broken arm."
I looked at him. His right arm was indeed in a cast. Oops.

___________________


I had a fabulous night with the roommates tonight (reminiscent of 2009's great nights – shout out to Shawna). Bunking class, eating out, hot tubbing...and now being incredibly unhealthy and watching a chick flick. And not just any chick flick – a chick flick masquerading as some sort of realistic life portrayal. "He's just not that into you" pretends it's different, but the two main lovebirds end up together.


2 comments:

Emma said...

I was going to facebook you, but you're not on there!!!! Anyway, saw this today and it made me laugh at myself. Thought you might be interested.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-friendship-doctor/200911/the-inside-scoop-your-introvert-friends

Sho said...

This is sooo weird. I started reading a "friendship doctor" type blog really recently, too. Mine turns on her writers...

http://www.slate.com/id/2247289/

Haha, ok there's a link next to your article titled "Introverts and parties – just add alcohol?"

Interesting take on introversion.
Is it accurate? The bit about "springing friends on people" at a gathering cracked me up.

Did I ever send you this one? http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/28/magazine/28depression-t.html

I know I told you about it...