Thursday, March 25, 2010

Maybe this time

Another Will in Morroco excerpt:

Right now, I am lesson planning for Spring camp. One of the activities will be to have the kids write a letter to Obama. I think It has a chance of getting answered since it will be from Morocco and Obama is probably real chuffed that his healthcare package bunged through.

Yup, I bet he is pretty chuffed.

Throw in a few Harry Potter pick up lines:

"I know I'm not wearing an invisibility cloak, but do you mind if I check out your restricted section?"

"My name isn't Luna, but I sure know how to Lovegood."

Add a touch of Basil:

"Don't touch me, I don't know where you've been!"
"Why
do they call you 'sister'? Is it a term of endearment?"

And you end up with:
The
birth of Lola. Don't click on the previous link unless you're prepared for a very detailed description of natural childbirth. It's possibly inappropriate for younger readers (I read it yesterday, and am only left with the feeling.) I find her writing to be very honest and touching.

5 comments:

LlamaH said...

OH MY GOODNESS I CLICKED ON IT BEFORE READING YOUR DISCLAIMER!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sho said...

this is why adopting is so beautiful...

Sho said...

Here Hannah: cleanse your mind:

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/03/water.html

Anonymous said...

I almost clicked.

Sho said...

do it. click it. it's really very good.