Friday, March 12, 2010

How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?











The pic was the first result after I Google imaged my title.

Today I discovered BeautifulPeople.com, a social networking site which only allows beautiful people. To get in, you must be voted in (48 hour voting period) by members of the opposite sex. What an ideal way to make sense of the world.

___________


Two nights ago, I had a dream that I shot an old boss of mine several times with a rifle. (He didn't die). Yesterday I got a voicemail from him asking him to call me immediately. Freaky? I think so. I used to think it would be really cool to travel into other people's dreams, but now I think it might get too confusing. (It would be kind of neat to compare vividity and plots though.) Still, what if, every morning, a little number appeared on your finger identifying how many people had dreamt about you the night before. Might make you feel loved. (Or really weird.)

Quote of the day:
"True, we love life, not because we are used to living, but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love, but there is also always some reason in madness."
–Nietzsche


Yesss.

________

Thought of the day:

What if there were severe, natural physical repercussions to infidelity and divorce? What if, every time a married person cheated, both he/she and his/her spouse lost a finger? (naturally – not through the law) And if two people got a divorce, they did so knowing that each of them would lose a hand. (again, it would just disappear).

I bet our society would look a lot different. For starters, it would be against the law to cheat on or divorce a spouse – after all, either action would physically infringe upon the rights of the other person. (Who cares about emotional damage, right?) I bet people would be waaaay more choosy when picking a spouse if divorce wasn't a real option. People would probably think before drinking with attractive co-workers.

Maybe nobody would get married. Maybe the only children born would be to single parents, and our society would disintegrate. But I doubt it. The government would incentivise marriage beyond tax breaks, and everybody would be used to how things were.

Just a thought.


2 comments:

LlamaH said...

Woah.. I like your thought of the day! haha, that would be really cool. Write a short story or book about it.

haha "physically infringe upon the rights of others" niiice

hahahaha

Sho said...

I wanted to but it sounded preachy in my head. hmmm