Friday, August 13, 2010

i bet the rooms just won't shine



Today, after much wrangling – "Oh but then I'll look like you!" – Llama agreed to let me chop her bangs. I then insisted on a photoshoot. The result is a Hilary Duff meets Keira Knightly meets me. Judge for yourself.




Is she not lovely? Or, as Christophe once put it:

"Look it's the creature from the Poltergeist! Oh no it's Hannah, and she's still really, really skinny."










Her haircut came out better than some of my past attempts. (Minus the fact that she says she looks like a nine year old.) Last year I cut the hair of my aunt's Swiss foreign exchange student, and the next time I saw him he had shaved his head.

As the camera was already out, I also snapped some shots of Lexis.



Consider this post my gateway into sticking photography on here. I'm currently saving for a sweet camera, but while I wait I'm using my mom's SLR.

**

I have two interviews this week! I'm hoping that my interviewing skills have miraculously improved since last year. At least my hair is one, fairly natural, color.

I once got a tutoring job because I like Star Wars. Seriously. I beat out a bunch of other applicants, too. Basically the ad said they were looking for tutor in Math for a ten-year-old and mentioned at the end that he loves Star Wars. In my reply, I added a "P.S. I love Star Wars too!" and when I went in to interview, the mom said that after all the other applicants, the boy kept saying "I want to meet the Star Wars girl." Apparently nobody else had brought it up.

Yep. Of course he was really into the new ones (I think his favorite character might have been Darth Maul, which is wrong on every level), and I, as the old person, like the old ones.

Anyways I'm hoping I can pull off some sort of strange but desirable trait again.

3 comments:

Oodalalee said...

my mom wanted me to tell you she thinks hannah looks a bit like jane seymour in the last one with the green blanket :) -courts

Sho said...

courtney! when will you come visit us? Rosie is coming...and I think we need to do a model courtney shoot round 2. yes yes.

i'm going to go look up jane seymour. send my love to your mom

Oodalalee said...

hahah model shoot round 2, sounds good. ill have to work Schweden into my travel plans then, how could i not visit the stewart clan?