Tuesday, August 17, 2010

you know i read it in a magazine



"Siobhan, guess what your sister subjected me to that is something you would subject me to?" Llama looked vaguely pained.

It's prefaces like these that make me excited about the person talking to me. A friend was spouting out golden prefaces to his thoughts one day, my favorite of which was: "Now this may be an indication of my severe psychoses..." (Or something to that effect.)

Anyways, in Llama's case, Ammadeus (our younger sister) had "made" her model every letter in a yellow shirt and yellow tights. I have placed X as the photo for this blog, but I will be creating an image of my name for your viewing pleasure.


Life Advice:


How to Make People Like You

1)
Give them unsolicited advice
2) Mix up the gender of their baby
3) Sniff them
4) Pull an April Fool's prank on April 2
5) Tell them they don't take criticism well
6) Tell them they resemble a celebrity of the opposite sex. Or Sarah Jessica Parker.


None of these have worked for me so far, but I'm thinking it will happen for me one of these days. (And unspoken #6: Make like an absent father and throw money and gifts at them.)

**

Or try liking them first. But Siobhan, if people only like me because I like them, are they liking me for me or for them?

I don't know. Why do you want them to like you in the first place?

**

Simply Sweden: The samples at the grocery store are actually not samples. This happenstance has resulted in my brother and mumsie coming home with a ton of guilt candy that they bought after chowing down on the samples.

**

Hit #2 for "How to Make People Like You" (I figured I'd check out the competition) was this site. It includes advice like "Make a good first impression" (what if it's too late); "Project a 'Really Useful' Attitude" (wow), and my personal favorite: "
...learn how to be like them. This requires you to deliberately control your behavior to become sufficiently like the other person to form a connection..."

Yes, these were taken out of context. I gave you the link, go look at the context. But really...really.



5 comments:

LlamaH said...

I don't believe I gave you permission.

I should sue you.

Emma said...

Yeah, the April 2nd thing was NOT COOL.

Sho said...

just because you didn't get it til the second...

yeah i know. i always come up with worst pranks and don't always have enough friends with social consciences

Chris said...

No canday is sweeter than guilt canday!

chantel said...

i was just thinking of how i want your family to adopt me. just me. because i need to live somewhere where members of my family have bright yellow tights....